Whilst the Property Appraisal assess the suitability of the prospective accommodation the Site Appraisal evaluates the context of the site as a whole and would include some or all of the following ~
- Is the property in a Conservation Area?
- Is the property detached / semi detached / terraced?
- Is the property single storey or multiple storey?
- Is the property on a level site?
- Does the property have vehicular access / on-site parking?
- Does the property have a single point of vehicular access?
- If so does the vehicle have to reverse on to the site, or is ther space for the vehicle to turn?
- Does the property have a through drive i.e. and in & out?
- What are the surfaces of the hard-standing areas, shingle, tarmac, paving?
- Does the property have an integral garage, if so, is it of an adequate size?
- Is the property solid wall construction, cavity or timber frame?
- Are there any obvious peculiarities to the structure?
- Are the existing room sizes and circulation areas adequate, or do they need altering?
- Are there any physical constraints on the property being adapted internally and/or externally?
- Are the site boundaries well defined?
- What are the proximities of the neighbouring properties?
- Are the proposals likely to be Town Planning compliant?